The difference between a great swimmer and a swimmer’s is in the details. For those who have swum throughout life, these tips are certainly no secret, but we are convinced that the rest of the 50 proper swimming will help you to improve.
Before we dive…
1. Have you decided swimming for sport? In no time you will feel better emotionally, have a better mood and, of course, your fitness will improve almost without realizing it.
2. Bring drink to hydrate during training, because although not enough, swimming can lose more water than sports “dry”.
3. If you rush head and you always fall glasses, try to wear them below the cap and sticks his chin to his chest. It is a little help to keep them in place.
4. Bring to train replacement glasses tied to your beverage can. In this way you will not waste time searching for new ones in case of failure.
5. Something BASIC! Beginner. Start with a few meters and up to 300 meters by 300 meters per week, no more.
6. Start with two workouts a week and reaches up to 5, do not go there.
7. When you push the walls to start swimming, do underwater and stay in tension with arms outstretched to the sides of the head with the palm of one hand on the back of the other. Undo this position just before starting to swim and not before! You will reduce your drag to be more streamlined.
8. Give the first stroke after each push on the wall without breathing, and will keep longer the speed achieved with this drive.
9. The fewer strokes better. Try swimming strokes each length less than you’re used to. Your strength will improve to be able to move your body with fewer movements. Besides your technique it is favored because get better support in every movement. Reducing strokes and has seen its number in the same space.
10. When swimming the crawl or back, keep your head still. The body is the one to turn on the hip side to side (what we call rolido). In front crawl breathing, head then yes accompanying the rotation of the body.
11. Do not bring your head up when you swim front crawl, if you do enough volume you resent the neck, overloading the traps. For this, you must swim with the neck stretched, the water in the middle of the head (crown) and looking “sideways” forward. Therefore the face should be oriented to the bottom of the pool.
12. Promote strokes. Whether you swim a crawl or butterfly back, stretches his arms to his sides as close as possible to the foot. At first the triceps overload, but in a few days you notice how this muscle gains strength.
13. When swimming the crawl leaves the shoulder in line with the body when traction arms underwater. Or ahead (forward flexion) or behind. Avoid injury to the tendon of the long head of the biceps.
14. Turns on the wall as clustered or shrunk possible, so you can make them faster because the water will offer less resistance.
15. Accelerate the hand into the water, you will be driven hand at low speed, trying to feel her maximum pressure and gradually accelerating it sees until the end of the stroke, where the hand must go to full speed. Universal advice: no matter the style swim the distance and the speed at which you do it.
16. If you want to compete just ask yourself participate in a competition or important journey every 6 months. It is easier to stay in shape once every half year since many times throughout the year. In addition, so training will be less demanding.
17. Work speed always, even if you are long-distance swimmer, to be able to change pace suddenly the limit and that the nervous system does not remain “asleep”. Train him daily between 100 and 200 meters, in repetitions of 10-25 meters with breaks of 30 seconds to 3 minutes.
18. The low-intensity wave should occupy at least 50% of your entire distance to adapt the body to an environment that is not its own. It can be done by time as in athletics, for long short series (1000, 2000, and 3000), medium (200 to 800 meters) or (25 to 200 meters). The rest range from 60 seconds (rep. 3000 meters) to 5 seconds (rep. 25, 50, 75 or 100 meters).