The pre-season Formula 1 was resumed on Thursday at the Circuit de Barcelona, home of the last 8 days of testing available to teams before the start of the official season. Pastor Maldonado and Daniel Ricciardo have been the best in the first two days test although this time of year the times do not serve much reference.
More than times in the preseason F1 pending confirmation sensations in the first race of the year are extracted. By the time those feelings say that Ferrari seems to be a good level shifting back toward the top, that Mercedes is still hiding his letters as to the true potential of his car, which McLaren-Honda has much work ahead or Carlos Sainz Jr. and Max Verstappen still working hard to gain experience ahead of its debut in the great circus.
On the day on Thursday Pastor Maldonado was the best with a Lotus that seems to sit well will change the engine Renault Mercedes. The team in Enstone was less bright on Friday with young Jolyon Palmer. Ferrari has shown strong in the two days of work completed Kimi Raikkonen who was second in both. The Finn seems happy with the new car but is yet to see its true potential with respect to the favorites for the title.
No doubt these favorites are Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton have not led any day of testing or Barcelona or Jerez. Of course, as to roll around more than anyone W06 consistent with that makes mock race like nothing and went over the 150 laps on the second day which rolled both German and English in the first day had to get the car by high fever.
Daniel Ricciardo was the better of the second day with Red Bull accumulating 142 laps. Nearby were both Felipe Massa and Sergio Perez is doing at Force India debut this spring. Sauber has not been as high on the timesheets as in Jerez but keep piling work with Ericsson and Nasr.
In McLaren-Honda still working to adjust a car that still has to improve a lot. On Thursday Jenson Button had to leave the day after failing power unit Woking car. Fernando Alonso had more luck on Friday because he could give 59 laps. Currently the team says it to 50% and is focusing on accumulating turns to adjust the car without seeking any time or squeeze the car. During Saturday and Sunday hoping to give more laps because by the time they filmed much less than the other teams, something that otherwise was predictable.
As for Toro Rosso have had two days of hard work for Max Verstappen and Carlos Sainz. The Spanish was last in terms of time in the day on Friday but accumulated 100 back despite the Toro Rosso had problems with exhaust Sainz had a driving mistake during the afternoon.
Test Circuit preseason Barcelona – Round 2
1. Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull, 1m 24.574s, 143 laps
2. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 1m 24.584s, 90 laps
3. Felipe Massa, Williams, 1m 24.672s, 88 laps
4. Sergio Perez, Force India, 1m 24.702s, 121 laps
5. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, 1m 24.923s, 89 laps
6. Nico Rosberg, Mercedes, 1m 25.556s, 66 laps
7. Fernando Alonso, McLaren, 1m 25.961s, 59 laps
8. Jolyon Palmer, Lotus, 1m 26.280s, 77 laps
9. Marcus Ericsson, Sauber, 1m 27.334s, 113 laps
10. Carlos Sainz Jr, Toro Rosso, 1m 28.945s, 100 laps
Test Circuit preseason Barcelona – Round 1
1. Pastor Maldonado, Lotus, 1m 25.011s, 69 laps
2. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 1m 25.167s, 74 laps
3. Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull, 1m 25.547s, 59 laps
4. Sergio Perez, Force India, 1m 26.636s, 34 laps
5. Felipe Nasr, Sauber, 1m 27.307s, 79 laps
6. Max Verstappen, Toro Rosso, 1m 27.900s, 94 laps
7. Jenson Button, McLaren, 1m 28.182s, 21 laps
8. Pascal Wehrlein, Force India, 1m 28.329s, 32 laps
9. Pascal Wehrlein, Mercedes, 1m 28.489s, 48 laps
10. Susie Wolff, Williams, 1m 28.906s, 86 laps
11. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, 1m 30.429s, 11 laps